The mission of the Somerville-Fayette County Library is to serve each Fayette County resident by providing educational, informational, cultural, social, and recreation materials and resources in various formats, while providing programs in an inviting spacious environment.
To inspire, engage and enrich the lives of Fayette County residents from early to lifelong learners.
How to Obtain a Library Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid Tennessee driver’s license or Tennessee I.D. and proof of current Fayette County address within last 2 months. (Those under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian enroll them; children must be at least 6 years old to enroll with adult/guardian with patron card.)
- Proof of current Fayette County address includes: printed bank checks, utility bill, cell or phone bill, selective service card, car or voter’s registration, hunting or gun license or current insurance card with printed name and address. If TN license or I.D> not yet Fayette, at least 2 items must have same name and Fayette County address. Those who own property, work, go to school or are reassigned military in Fayette may obtain a library card with state or military I.D. with photo and 2 proof of residency items.
- Information will be verified before your card is issued. You may check out 2 items the first time you use your card. Later DVDs check out to adults only with 3 movies per household. All patrons at same address are “householded”.
- You MUST have your card with you to check out library materials. We advise you not to loan your card; the card identifies the patron responsible for borrowed items. If the card is lost, the ere is a $6.00 replacement fee. Checked items may be renewed by phone only if you call prior to or on the due date and not on reserve by another waiting patron. Items placed in the Library Return Box are only collected once daily at 9 AM.
- Overdue items Cannot Be Renewed if fines over $1.00. You must bring items into the library with your card, check the materials in, pay any fines and then check out again.
Fayette County Library Staff
Laura Winfrey, Director
Marquitta White, Administrative Assistant
Miss Nikki, Assistant
Katie Fitzwater, Information Tech Specialist
Mary Anne Tomlinson, Children’s Librarian
Adrienne Shepard, Part-Time
The Somerville-Fayette County Friends of the Library is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that encourages and welcomes others to join. There is a $5 annual membership fee and various events throughout the year that the Friends help the library.
All funds or donations that the Friends receive from book sales and gifts are used to support the library in numerous ways including purchasing books, updating fixtures and other exigencies. Please contact us at
Salen White, President
Nancy Lee, Vice President
Annie Crawford, Secretary
Debbie Parnell, Treasurer