The Library is CLOSED due to Executive Order 23!
We will keep you posted on when we will reopen.
Please take advantage of online resource. You are able to get on Wifi in the parking lot. (SFCLibrary)
You can drop off your books/DVD’s in the drop box outside.
We can do curbside service. Please login to your library account and put books on reserve. We can call you to let you know when you can pick them up.
- History room with non-circulating books and materials for research including a current microfilm Scanpro 2200 machine with access to historical Fayette County and Town of Somerville records
- Large selection of current popular fiction and non-fiction
- Free DVD checkouts with library card
- Large print
- Selection Young Adult/ Teen Area
- Tweens/Juvenile Area
- Kid’s Area
- Interlibrary loan with library card
- In-library magazine selection
- In-library local newspapers: Fayette Falcon and Commercial Appeal
- Free: Online READS Overdrive program https://reads.lib.overdrive.com with over 200,000 titles up to 15 e-books, audiobooks, and streaming per library card-never late-never lost-never damaged
- Free: Tennessee Electric Library (TEL) online database tntel.info from the State of Tennessee: digitized journals, books, magazines, language learning, world book, prep test, homework help, job-search & career transitions, heritage quest (genealogy research) and more
- Free: In-library ancestry database for genealogy research
- Free: Universal class database with over 500 tutorials for learning with library card
- Free: Niche Academy database with online tutorials with library card
- Community postings and free materials/handouts including American Cancer Society resources, and information on Fayette Literacy Adult Learning, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, local UT extension, Fayette Cares, CARIS, local Veteran’s office, UT Martin at Somerville, and STARS theater events
- Children’s early learning AWE computer
- 12 Public access computers with printing, computer usage is 90 minutes a session
- Capability free computer classes
- Free Wifi – View WIFI Use Policy
- Color/Black & white copier – View Service Fees
- Fax machine – View Service Fees
- Story time with children, tweens and teens
- Activities on some Saturdays with all day events for kids, teens, adults
- Veteran’s Affairs
- Summer reading and summer programs
- Community outreach for children and seniors
- United States flag retirement box for Scouts/ Eagle Scouts to retire
- Community room for small non-profit group meetings
The mission of the Somerville-Fayette County Library is to serve each Fayette County resident by providing educational, informational, cultural, social, and recreation materials and resources in various formats, while providing programs in an inviting spacious environment.
To inspire, engage and enrich the lives of Fayette County residents from early to lifelong learners.
How to Obtain a Library Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid Tennessee driver’s license or Tennessee I.D. and proof of current Fayette County address within last 2 months. (Those under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian enroll them; children must be at least 6 years old to enroll with adult/guardian with patron card.)
- Proof of current Fayette County address includes: printed bank checks, utility bill, cell or phone bill, selective service card, car or voter’s registration, hunting or gun license or current insurance card with printed name and address. If TN license or I.D> not yet Fayette, at least 2 items must have same name and Fayette County address. Those who own property, work, go to school or are reassigned military in Fayette may obtain a library card with state or military I.D. with photo and 2 proof of residency items.
- Information will be verified before your card is issued. You may check out 2 items the first time you use your card. Later DVDs check out to adults only with 3 movies per household. All patrons at same address are “householded”.
- You MUST have your card with you to check out library materials. We advise you not to loan your card; the card identifies the patron responsible for borrowed items. If the card is lost, the ere is a $6.00 replacement fee. Checked items may be renewed by phone only if you call prior to or on the due date and not on reserve by another waiting patron. Items placed in the Library Return Box are only collected once daily at 9 AM.
- Overdue items Cannot Be Renewed if fines over $1.00. You must bring items into the library with your card, check the materials in, pay any fines and then check out again.
Fayette County Library Staff
Laura Winfrey, Director
Marquitta White, Administrative Assistant
Miss Nikki, Assistant
Katie Fitzwater, Information Tech Specialist
Mary Anne Tomlinson, Children’s Librarian
Adrienne Shepard, Part-Time
The Somerville-Fayette County Friends of the Library is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that encourages and welcomes others to join. There is a $5 annual membership fee and various events throughout the year that the Friends help the library.
All funds or donations that the Friends receive from book sales and gifts are used to support the library in numerous ways including purchasing books, updating fixtures and other exigencies. Please contact us at
Salen White, President
Nancy Lee, Vice President
Annie Crawford, Secretary
Debbie Parnell, Treasurer