JOB TITLE: SHIFT SUPERVISOR/PARAMEDIC
Shift Supervisor – In addition to Paramedic job description -The supervisor is an on-ambulance position that oversees the operations of the assigned shift and provide direction to crews and resolve issues that arise during the shift. This includes but is not limited to resolving after hours scheduling issues due to call outs, reviewing and resolving documentation issues with the crews, addressing employees issues, working with management to administer discipline, resolving and reporting issues with EPCR, responding and resolving employee and customer issues, etc.
- Responsible for working as an on-ambulance supervisor that manages and directs subordinates during the assigned shift.
- Oversees all aspects of patient care and customer service during assigned shift.
- Maintain constant clinical care/EMS knowledge and records of all current protocols issued by the regulating agencies pertaining to ambulance service.
- Escalates serious business, customer, employee or labor issues immediately to the Director
- Troubleshoots patient, customer and employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Works with team to ensure that all documentation requirements are met by crews being supervised.
- Work with preceding and succeeding Shift Supervisors to guarantee a smooth transition from shift to shift.
- Holds shift employees accountable for work quality, addressing employee issues and progressive discipline.
- Encourages and leads shift to be aware and follow Health & Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that employees receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Inspect for proper documentation of medical necessity required forms daily.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Ensure each operation is physically secure with limited entry/exits.
- Ensure documents are properly stored and secured.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and County Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Current state Paramedic certification as required by State.
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years EMS experience required.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Countys Driving Policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this position. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this position. Management has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.
|Job Category||Junior, Lead, Public Safety|