The Fayette County Mayor’s Office is accepting applications for an office position for clerical duties which will include answering phones calls, filing paper, support of account payable and human resource employees, and use of computer programs for the office. The position will be full-time with county benefits which include health insurance. Compensation will be dependent on experience and skills provided. The position will be open until filled.
Applicants should submit an employment application along with a resume to the Fayette County Mayor’s Office. Please complete the linked Application and submit details below.
Or, deliver to the Fayette County Mayor’s Office, P.O. Box 218, 13095 North Main Street, Somerville, TN 38068 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries should be emailed.DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE
|Accounting, Admin & Clerical, Human Resources
|Business and Industry
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently and promptly;
- Administering basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting, in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards;
- Assessing the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed;
- Rescuing and extricating victims of accidents, sudden illness or entrapment using proper rescue and medical techniques;
- Treating patients at the scene, en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting, in accordance with federal, state, local, laws, regulations, and standards;
- Communicating with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate facility;
- Maintaining order at scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint of family and friends; and
- Completing patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- The incumbent is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Company’s privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal [and state] law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. Failure to comply with the Company’s Policies and Procedures on patient privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or of or association with Fayette County Ambulance Service.
- The incumbent may access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other Company operations.
- The incumbent is encouraged and expected to report, without the threat of retaliation, any concerns regarding the Company’s Policies and Procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of that Policy to the designated Privacy Officer.
- Responding to instructions from a dispatcher and driving and operating specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed, in accordance with federal, state, local law, regulations and standards;
- Assuring that vehicles are in good working condition at all times, are properly maintained and stocked, have all necessary equipment and this equipment is in good working order at all times;
- Cleaning, organizing and restocking vehicles in a ready condition after each transport;
- Receiving requests for emergency and non-emergency ambulance service and other duties-related communication via two-way radio and other communication devices;
- Maintaining accurate records of ambulance equipment and other emergency equipment and/or personnel dispatched to each emergency and non-emergency request and other operation and administrative data as required to maintain the operational continuity of Fayette County Ambulance Service and as directed by superiors;
- Handling telephone communications professionally and efficiently with careful regard to the divulgence of information;
- Coordinating requests for non-emergency transports in accordance with the non-emergency transport policies;
- Monitoring communication equipment to maintain contact with the dispatcher;
- Performing rescue operations; and
- Maintaining apparatus and equipment.
- Checking, restocking, inventorying and cleaning any apparatus operated by Fayette County Ambulance Service;
- Cleaning, doing dishes, emptying trash and other related duties in the EMS station;
- Representing the ambulance service while on duty at public service functions, expositions, and other public events;
- Providing ambulance stand-by services at sporting events or any other activities designated by the ambulance Assistant Director; and
- Performing any other duty related to Fayette County Ambulance Service as designated by the ambulance service management.
- Be a team player, as EMS is a team effort, and providers must provide necessary assistance to ensure system sanitation, readiness and adherence to quality assurance standards;
- Be flexible, as emergency services operate on a 24-hour clock; the incumbent’s assigned work shift schedule may vary and the incumbent should be available to respond immediately for a call during the assigned work period, and the start and shift times may vary due to the nature of the business;
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of local geography, which includes maps, streets, grid book systems, and GPS systems;
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of applicable current standards of care, including equipment functions and uses; and
- Assure that all certifications, licenses and registrations are up-to-date.
- Maintain balance and strength in awkward positions;
- Speak clearly under stressful circumstances;
- Accurately communicate ideas orally and in writing in English;
- Respond physically with speed;
- Speak loudly; and
- Get along well with others.
- Handle a significant number of stressful situations, and be able to function calmly; coolly and collectedly under all types of stressful situations;
- Get along well with diverse personalities;
- Communicate with patients and others with empathy and respect;
- Create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful
- Work smoothly and professionally in an environment where teamwork is essential;
- Analyze and interpret difficult and complex patient care and personnel situations;
- Work independently with a minimal supervision for assigned tasks;
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general Policy and procedural guidelines;
- Anticipate and identify problems and take initiative to prevent or correct them;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of
- Understand and follow federal, state and local laws, and Fayette County Ambulance Service policies, procedures, and rules;
- Follow orders;
- Remember and apply concepts, knowledge and principles; and
- Appropriate deal with stress and maintain composure when encountering serious injuries or illnesses.
|Active, Health Care, Junior, Lead, Public Safety
|Starting Salary (based upon education and experience)
Thank you for your interest in serving as a poll worker. Your participation in our democratic process is essential as our nation seeks to fulfill its pledge of "one nation with liberty and justice for all." Once selected and trained to serve the public by working at one of Fayette County's polling precincts, you will be an important member of our election team.
Election days can sometimes be demanding, but at the end of the day you can be proud of a job well done. You will know that your service has helped to advance the cause of democracy, a right that many of us sometimes take for granted.
Please join us!Joshua J. Tapp Administrator of Elections Fayette County DOWNLOAD THE POLL WORKER APPLICATION HERE Please download and complete the form, save to your computer, and attach below or deliver to the Election Office at 45 Dogwood Lane, Somerville, TN 38068.
|Active, Entry Level